1. Southern Living Magazine Say’s Madison is the #1 Small Town in Georgia.
– It’s horn tootin’ time because one of the south’s most iconic publications has deemed Madison as the Best Small Town in Georgia, 2018! If you trust Southern Living Magazine for recipes, design inspiration, and gardening tips, maybe you’ll love Madison, too! Give us a try!
2. The Madison in May Spring Tour of Homes – May 4 & 5
– This exclusive event is not to be missed! On May 4 & 5, a select group of private historic and fascinating homes will open to the public for tours. That’s right! A once in a blue moon opportunity to tour homes that were spared by General Sherman’s troops during his infamous March to the Sea! Purchase your tickets from the Madison Morgan Cultural Center, host of the Spring Tour of Homes.
3. National Mint Julep Day – May 30th
– Seeing as National Mint Julep Day is coming up, there’s no better time to try out Madison’s latest restaurant named after the southern drink itself. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown, Mint Juleps Kitchen specializes in dazzling southern cuisine that’s worth the trip alone!
4. Endless Photo-Ops
– With dozens upon dozens of antebellum backdrops, Madison is the perfect place to explore for history buffs, photographers, and Instagrammers!
5. One word… SHOPPING!
– Need I say more? Probably not, but allow me to babble on! Amelia’s, Barkin’ Dogs, the list goes on and on! You can get an official list of Madison’s shops and restaurants which is located in our Visitor’s Guide. Pick one up at the Welcome Center or give us a call to request a guide in the mail. The digital version can also be found here.
115 E. Jefferson Street
Madison, GA 30650
Thanks for reading, y’all! –