There’s magic all around us during the holidays but nothing quite compares to Christmas in Madison. Don’t miss the twinkling lights, tempting gifts and traditional Holiday Tour of Homes. Check out the Madison “musts” for this season!
- Attend the Holiday Tour of Homes from November 30 – December 2 which will highlight several historic homes including Madison’s showstopping 1851 Greek Revival lovingly known as “Honeymoon”. To make a long story short, Honeymoon was owned by the Godfrey-Candler-Hunt family for more than 80 years. Among them was S. Charles Candler, the nephew of Asa Griggs Candler who was the founder of Coca-Cola and former Mayor of Atlanta. Flash-forward to today, the home is in the careful hands of Jimmy Stanton and Patrick Greco. As an interior designer and owner of Stanton Home Furnishings, it’s easy to see that Stanton and Honeymoon were a match made in heaven.
- Shop ’till you drop in Madison’s charming downtown! Recently lauded as “uber-southern” by Southern Living Magazine, Madison has something for everyone. Check the full list of stores on Visit Madison’s Website!
- Before you get started on your shopping excursion, might we suggest an Almond Joy? Not the candy bar, but the most festive and delicious latte known to Madisonians which can be found at Perk Avenue Cafe.
- Ring in the Christmas holiday with a parade through Downtown Madison!
Beginning at 4pm on December 9th you won’t want to miss the floats, vintage cars, horses, dogs, dancers, and the award winning MCHS Marching Bulldog Band. After the parade the celebration will continue in Town Park with Caroling by Candlelight.
Get more info here!
- Visit with Santa at Madison’s newest restaurant, Mint Juleps Kitchen!
The man of the season will be on hand from 4 – 8pm on November 29th for pictures, songs, and holiday cheer. The event is $10 per person and is selling out quick! If you’re not interested in the St. Nick photo-op, be sure to try Mint Juleps another time for dinner and drinks!
Click here for more information.
Keep tabs on the latest Madison & Morgan County events here!
Thanks for reading, y’all! –